Bouncy Castle
from FML

Professional Insurance Advice

Welcome to FML Insurance Services

To expedite your enquiry or quote
please complete a proposal form

Click Here

or call us free on

  • Liability Insurance

    Public and employers liability, product liability and a full range of additional cover options

  • Professional Broker

    Speak to a professional insurance broker concerning all your business' insurance needs

  • Discounted Fees

    To aid all our clients we have reduced our fees to help offset the rise in insurance premiums this year.
  • Cover Guide

    Our guide to cover you may require depending on your business.
    Click here to read our guide!

    Bouncy Castle Insurance Speak To Specialist Advisers

    Insurance for leisure equipment hire businesses

    Insurance cover for businesses that hire out inflatable castles and leisure equipment, full range of cover availble and tailored to suit each individual business

    Crucial Insurance Cover For Hirers

    • Public Liability Insurance

      (Whilst not a legal requirement you will need this cover if you aim to do private and public events)
    • Employers Liability Insurance

      (If you hire labour this will be a legal requirement even if it's just temporary staff)

    Cover you may like to add to your policy

    • Business Premises
    • Business Interruption
    • Equipment Cover
    • Money and Personal Accident Assault
    • Personal Accident
    • Goods in Transit
    • Commercial Legal Expenses
    • Excess Protection

    In addition to bouncy castles, FML is able to arrange cover for a full range of other leisure and inflatable equipment.

    • Balloon Modelling
    • Basketball Game
    • Beat The Goalie (football shoot out)
    • Bingo
    • Bubble Machine
    • Children’s Car Rides (Plastic Not Powered)
    • Coconut Shy
    • Coin Operated Rides
    • Crazy Golf
    • Face Painter
    • Foam Play Shapes
    • Froggit Stall
    • Giant Games (“Jenga”)
    • Gift Box Dispenser
    • Grabbing Crane (for toys only)
    • Gyroscope
    • Helter Skelter (Lighthouse or Skyline)
    • Helter Skelter (small: no well)
    • Inflatable Obstacle Course (Adults)
    • Inflatable Laser Quest
    • Land Train
    • Mini Golf
    • Mirror Maze
    • Pulsar Laser Quest
    • Punch and Judy Show
    • Quad – set of 4
    • Remote Control Cars / Boats
    • Rifle Range (Air pellets)
    • Rifle Range (Compressed Air)
    • Rifle Range (Cork)
    • Rifle Range (Light Beam)
    • Rodeo Bull (DOES spin or rotate)
    • Rodeo Bull (NO spin or rotation)
    • Skittles / Bowls
    • Soft Play Area
    • Soft Play (Non Climbing)
    • Space Hoppers
    • Stalls (Throwing)
    • Trampolines Child(Bungee only)
    • Trampolines Adult(Bungee only)
    • Trampolines (fully enclosed – children only)
    • Trampolines (fully enclosed - adults)
    • Wrecking Ball (barrier around edge)
    • Wrecking Ball (NO edge barrier)
    • Zorb (down a slope/hill) NO barriers
    • Zorb (down a slope/hill) WITH barriers
    • Zorb (within an inflatable or other barrier)
    • Zorb (body zorbs)

    Plus much more!

    Please call our leisure team, you may also request us to call when it's convenient for you, just click the button below

    Arrange Call Back

    Or give us a call on...

    01702 225 440

    Do you need insurance for bouncy castle hire?

    While bouncy castle insurance public liability is not currently a legal requirement in the UK, it is an essential cover for any bouncy castle hire operator. With around 10,000 accidents a year involving inflatables, 40% of those during private functions and 60% of those at events, it only makes sense to protect yourself and your business correctly.

    If you are looking for bouncy castle insurance quotes, or if you require a full Inflatable equipment hire business insurance package for an array of equipment such as bungee runs, sumo suits, rodeo bulls, bouncy castles and more. FML can arrange the correct bouncy castle insurance policy for you. All insurance is underwritten and provided by A-Rated UK insurers to give you extra peace of mind and security. Depending on your specific business requirements the cover can be tailored to suit, so you will never pay for extra cover you do not need.

    Personal bouncy castle insurance?

    We currently offer several types of the cover options which we can add to your public liability insurance policy that are directly for business owners such as personal accident, goods in transit, equipment cover and more, our brokers will advise you on any particular extra options you may need. Please remember that if you employ anyone even on a temporary basis employers liability is a legal requirement.

    Our Experience

    FML's 10+ years of writing leisure equipment insurance for small to medium hire businesses have given us a wealth of knowledge of the leisure equipment hire industry. FML has been instrumental in pioneering policies for all the new and wacky entertainment products that hit the market each year like Body Zorbs and Water Walkers. This page mainly contains information on obtaining inflatable play equipment insurance for hirers, although there are many types of equipment insurance that we can arrange for you.

    With over 80 types of equipment already carefully rated at the best premiums on the market and many others which are bespoke, FML is sure to arrange the perfect bouncy castle policy to suit your business needs. FML are continuously working alongside manufacturers, hire firms and trade associations such as the BIHA, PIPA, and TIPE to improve safety standards across the leisure equipment industry. The aim is simple, reduce the number of accidents, which reduces the number of claims a hirer/operator makes on their public liability insurance and that in turn means that FML arrange better bouncy castle insurance premiums.

    Helping Businesses Protect Themselves

    Safety comes first. At FML we like to help inflatable equipment hires/operators adhere to this, especially new start-ups. It's better for everyone if you never need to make a claim,here are two sites you should take the time to visit.

    Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents

    Health and Safety Executive

    Added equipment we arrange cover for

    Interactive play systems are a new edition to bouncy castles and inflatable play equipment. Adding a set of interactive light and sound panels to your existing equipment that engages more than traditional inflatable offerings. The panels are connected wirelessly to an electronic scoreboard and applied to a variety of equipment.

    Soft play centres and indoor playgrounds can also use the systems.

    A guide to the different levels of cover you may require when hiring out leisure equipment such as bouncy castles.

    When do you need to obtain public liability?

    Anyone who works with or around people will need this insurance. You may have just started a new bouncy castle business, or perhaps you just operate part-time to top up your income each month.

    You don't have a lot of equipment, and what you do have you keep at home in your spare room, and you have checked with your household insurance provider that it doesn't create any problems.

    You have no employees except the occasional help from a family member.

    When will I have to purchase employers' liability?

    You employ someone that isn't family, or you have a part-time assistant paid or voluntary, then by law, you will require employers' liability in addition to your public liability.

    When Should I Consider Equipment Cover?

    You now own several items of equipment, and although you still keep them at home your household insurance no longer covers them, and you want to ensure should the worst happen you have the money to replace the equipment.

    At What Point Should I Arrange Business Interruption?

    Business interruption should be obtained by anyone who relies on their business as their primary income and has no family or friends who can pitch in and help at short notice.

    (Remember whether family or friend they will need to know exactly how to cover everything you do such as safety checks and briefing your clients. Also if they aren't family you will require employers liability).

    Do I Need Business Premises Cover?

    Sounds rather official, doesn't it? However, it can be a simple but secure lock-up where you keep your equipment. Your business has grown, congratulations, you now have quite a lot of equipment, and it takes up too much space at home.

    Business premises will cover your buildings and often includes the fixtures and fittings as well.

    It would be wise, if not included, to also add some equipment cover at this stage.

    I Have Van Insurance Do I Need Goods in Transit?

    You now cover not only a larger area, but you travel to and from shows where you operate your inflatables.

    Often the equipment you transport is quite expensive, and while your vehicle may have an excellent cover package it may not cover the replacement cost of your equipment, and you could find yourself out of pocket. It's worth checking with your insurance provider.

    Why Should I Consider Money and Personal Accident (By Assault)?

    Personal accident by assault is pretty self-explanatory you've had a busy week and have taken a good profit, you are now on the way to the bank to pay in all that cash.

    On the way to the bank, you are robbed and suffer a broken wrist not only have you lost your weeks takings it's going to be awhile before you can return to work.

    This cover is ideal for anyone at any stage in their business if they are doing well and need to take regular trips to pay in any takings.

    Do I Need Personal Accident Cover?

    Again if you have no one that can jump in and help if you are unable to work due to an accident and you rely on your business income, this cover will ensure you protect your income.

    Should I Think About Commercial Legal Expenses?

    This cover can be useful for any business, either established or a new start-up. While public liability will cover you against your companies negligence should it occur, what cover protects you against the costs of defending against a claim that isn't or wasn't your fault?

    Many businesses are caught out by this. Commercial legal expenses and your broker will be invaluable in assisting you to overcome these obstacles and hiccoughs.

    Or give us a call on...

    01702 225 440


    Contact Details

    • Telephone: 01702 225 440

    • fmlenquiries

    • Primo plc, Cumberland House, Baxter Ave

    • Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6HZ

    UK Insurance Advice

    UK Insurance Advice