Cargo and Freight Insurance
Arranging insurance for cargo all over the world. Cargo insurance will cover the transportation of items from personal effects to large commercial shipments
Insurance for cargo, freight and shipments
T&R deal with a variety of businesses like exporters, importers, freight forwarders, hauliers and collection owners around the world every day. Arranging cargo insurance for our brokers is a simple task due to the knowledge of not only the risks involved but also maritime and transport law.
Shipments and cargo of any size and description can be covered and we also have an excellent claim handling department should you need help when making or defending a claim.
What does cargo insurance cover?
This is a marine cargo policy the insurance covers all risks of loss or damage to the items insured, of course, this is in accordance with institute cargo clauses and any other relevant institute clauses.
Insurance is subject to some exclusions which you may read below, of course, if you have any questions about any part of the policy please ask your adviser.
T&R Primo plc the first choice in arrange insurance for shipments
T&R is a part of Primo plc and was originally founded in 1986. The team is highly experienced and extremely competent in their field of Cargo and Collections Insurance.
With many years of experience in arranging cover for the cargo insurance market we have built up good relations with both Lloyd's and other insurance companies, this enables us to not only find the correct cover you need quickly and smoothly it also enables us to find the most economical premiums.
Benefits of the cover we arrange
- The Cover includes the risks of loading and unloading.
- Unlimited number of transits per annum are included in respect of transits from Assured premises in the United kingdom and / or EU countries to exhibitions, fairs, functions, rallies, venues of formal entertainment and venues specially approved by local councils, including whilst there and return.
- If required, goods can be insured at the Owner’s premises and/or at exhibitions up to £250,000 without application of an Alarm Warranty.
- The Owner may increase (or decrease) the total value of their goods up to the sum of £5,000 without additional premium provided that renewal is effected through T&R (Insurance Services) Limited and provided the renewal schedule reflects all such changes made during the policy period.
- Whilst located at Owner’s premises goods are covered against ‘All Risks’.
Significant and unusual exclusions or limitations
- Loss damage or expenses caused by inherent vice or nature of the subject matter insured.
- Insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the subject-matter.
- In the event of a claim for loss or damage to any part or parts, the amount recoverable shall not exceed such proportion of the cost of replacement of the part or parts lost or damaged as the insured value bears to the value of a new machine, plus additional charges for forwarding and refining the new part or parts.
- No claim is to attach to the Cover for damage to the goods insured which may be sustained whilst the goods are under any process, and directly resulting there from
- An Alarm Warranty applies when goods are insured at the Owner’s premises and/or at exhibitions valued over £250,000.
- Excluding all transits except in respect of transits from Assureds premises in the United Kingdom and / or EU countries to exhibitions, fairs, functions, rallies, venues of formal entertainment and venues
Please arrange for us to call you back...
Or call us now on...